Save the Aging for the Wine and Cheese. Here are 7 Anti-Aging Skincare Tips
If you could change something about your skin right now, what would it be? Do you see the loss of firmness, fine lines, uneven texture, deep wrinkles, or sagging? If so, your skin is losing its elasticity. Your cell turnover slows down with age. 20% of how our skin ages is genetics, unfortunately, but 80% is what we do or don’t do to our skin. Sun exposure, pollution, smoking, environmental aggressors, not using effective products can all wreak havoc on our skin.
Starting in our 30’s, we start to lose 1% of our collagen every year and our elasticity starts to break down. Collagen is what keeps our skin firm, and elastin & hyaluronic acid give it its bounce. We are born with an abundance of hyaluronic acid. That’s why babies have that beautiful plump skin that we love so much. Cell renewal & turnover also starts to slow down & this can make your skin look dull, less radiant, & your skin tone can become uneven. But don’t worry, there is hope!
Here Are 7 Skin Anti-Aging Tips:
- SPF Yourself Every Day – Protect yourself from the sun. We have to take the proper steps to protect our skin. Sun exposure is our skin’s worst enemy, & is responsible for most of our skin’s aging. SPF needs to become your new best friend every day if you’re not already using it You can use great skincare, but if you don’t use SPF, you’re going to undo all of your efforts. UVA (aging rays) breaks down our collagen. UVB (burning rays) destroys our epidermis and burns the surface of our skin and can lead to future skin cancer. I learned this the hard way. When I was growing up, no one even talked about SPF. We used baby oil when in the sun! Yikes! So, of course, I burned many times especially my poor nose! So many years later, I noticed a pinprick size spot of blood on my nose. It went away, but then happened again 2 months later. It was skin cancer and I had to have MOHS surgery to remove it. After you go through something like that, it’s a wake-up call on how important it is to protect your skin.
- Moisturize – Moisturizer & moisturizing serum will help slow down the aging process. Use products with Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Acid both day & night. Other key anti-aging ingredients are retinol or bakuchiol which is a retinol alternative with no irritation, glycolic acid, ceramides, and peptides. Use products that have at least 1 of these effective ingredients.
- Wash Your Face Day & Night – Sleeping in makeup can damage & dry your skin.
- Exfoliate – Exfoliation is key to healthy cell turnover & to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Hydrate – Drink more water! It’s so good for you and your skin!
- Eat a Healthy Diet – Eat antioxidants like strawberries, raspberries, fruit & green smoothies, salads, nuts, wild-caught salmon, & beans.
- Use Quality Skincare – Use result-driven skincare products that entail quality ingredients. For best results, use a full skincare regimen.
I personally have used the Rodan + Fields Redefine anti-aging regimen for the last 11 years & have gotten incredible results. My skin is firmer & smoother. People are amazed when I tell them my age. Who doesn’t love to see that type of response?!
The first step is your choice of either a kaolin clay mask/cleanser or a daily foaming wash. Step 2, is the pore minimizing toner with fruit acids. Step 3, you have your choice of the triple defense cream SPF 30 moisturizer or the lotion (both moisturize your skin and have peptides to firm & smooth). Step 4, choose the overnight restorative cream or lotion which also moisturizes with peptides for overnight care.
If you’d like more information about these products, please comment and I can give you more details.
So go ahead and enjoy some wine and cheese while you wash, tone, moisturize and protect your skin. Let’s leave the aging to the wine and cheese though!