How to Look Insanely Adorable in White Jeans
White jeans are timeless and are the most glamorous version of jeans. They are effortless and cool. You can simply pair them with a cashmere v neck or a cozy sweater in the cool months any time of the year.
During the XVI century in Italy, a textile made of cotton, linen or wool, was called “Jene Fustyan’, which in French means Genova and twill (frustian). In 1650, 19 pieces of “Jeines Fustian” were imported into Boston. Many years later Jeines became jeans.
In the ’50s and ’60s blue jeans were considered too casual for school, but students found a way to keep wearing them. They started bleaching the jeans white to make them acceptable.
Who doesn’t love to have a pair of great jeans in their wardrobe? But how many of us are also intimidated by white jeans?
Here’s How to Look Insanely Adorable in White Jeans
- Pick a Thinner Fabric – Thick fabric can emphasize everything and make you feel uncomfortable.
- Pick a Fitted Blouse – If you have a wider shoulder on top, pick a fitted blouse. If you have wider hips and legs, pick a top looser, or one with a printed top or stripes. You want to balance your figure creating proportion and balance between your top and bottom (create the famous hourglass figure).
- Wear a Blazer – One of my favorite looks with white jeans includes a longer blazer or a cardigan. This combo makes me feel more confident because I don’t have to show my trouble areas too much.
- Purchase the Right Cut – Let’s talk now about the cut. The most flattering pair of jeans for the majority of women is the straight leg with a high-waist fit. The skinny cut is definitely more modern and edgy. If you are curvier, you can look for more of a trouser cut, which is a great option even for work.
- Look for Lycra – Also, in order to get the most comfortable jeans, make sure that there is a least a 2% lycra. Don’t be afraid to go with one size bigger; it will give you more room and comfort. If your legs are shorter, look for midrise jeans to create long lines at the leg. Make sure the pants are not too long otherwise it will look like you are wearing someone else’s pants.
- Get Cropped – I personally love the cropped jeans just because I can wear them with flat as well as high heels. White jeans are also the perfect pant to dress up or down. There are so many options when it comes to creating outfits with a pair of white jeans. That’s why I frequently have my white jeans while I travel! You can use them on many different occasions, from a walk in the park to a dinner out.
What are the best brands when it comes to white jeans? A few of my favorite brands are Lucky Brand, Talbots, Express, NYDJ, Chico’s, and Jag.