How to Properly Wear a Face Mask Are You Doing It Right?
Wearing a mask to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus is something we are all used to by now but are we wearing them correctly? I can honestly say from what I’ve seen recently, most of us are not.
If wearing a mask will save the lives of others, I’m going to do it. Seven months ago, we all were introduced to the state mandate that wearing masks on a daily basis was expected when leaving the house. The rule has even been enforced. But in order to stop the spread of the virus and protect the ones we love, we have to wear our masks correctly.
Here are Some Dos and Don’ts When It Comes to Wearing a Mask:
- Wear a mask when out in public.
- Wear a mask if you’ll be in close contact with someone who isn’t family.
- Make sure your mask covers your nose and chin.
- Be sure your mask is snug. Do not allow big gaps on the sides allowing air to enter.
- Don’t put masks on babies and children under 2 years of age.
- Do not touch the outside of the mask.
- Make sure your mask is made with 100% cotton. Refrain from wearing masks made of plastic or nonbreathable materials.
Here’s How to Properly Wear a Face Mask:
- Wash hands before touching your mask.
- Only hold the mask by the ties on the sides.
- Be sure your mask fits properly over the nose, mouth, and chin.
- If the mask needs adjusting from time to time, adjust only from the side ties/elastic.
- Make sure you can breathe and speak comfortably when wearing your mask.
- Wash your cotton mask after every use. If your mask is disposable, throw it away after each use.
Disclosure – This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Detroit Mommies and allow us to keep reporting on all things families love.