The Detroit Zoo is Now Open with a Few New Rules in Place
We’ve all been wondering about the animals at the Detroit Zoo. And, we’ve been missing them dearly! If you’re like us, then you’ll be glad to hear the Detroit Zoo is now open!
Due to Covid-19, the zoo opens with a few new rules to ensure proper social distancing to keep guests and staff members safe. Here’s what’s new at the Zoo:
- Masks are required, especially in the indoor viewing areas.
- Reservations are required.
- Guests must reserve their time slot on the zoo’s website, www.detroitzoo.org, prior to their visit.
- Stay 6 feet apart from other guests and groups.
- Unfortunatley the Zoofari market is closed but the online shopping and kiosks are open.
Not ready to visit and interested in zoo type fun at home? No problem! The Detroit Zoo offers some great virtual opportunities on their website fun for the whole family. Visit detroitzoo.org and view the penguins, giraffs and snow monkeys via their live cameras. You can also visit the ‘Summer Virtual Ventures’ section to join the Detroit Zoological Society for free self-paced virtual camps that offer exciting content, expert interviews, hands-on activities, and much more! Click HERE to see for yourself!
Online Ticket Prices:
- $14 / Adults (19 years – 64)
- $10 / Children (2 years – 18)
- $10 / Seniors (65+)
- + Parking / $8
Same Day Prices at Admission Gates:
- $19 / Adults (19 years – 64)
- $15 / Children (2 years – 18)
- $15 / Seniors (65+)
- $15 / Military with ID (Active duty, retired and veterans, residents of Wayne, Oakland and Macomb county only)
- + Parking / $8
The Detroit Zoo is located at 8450 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak, Michigan.