Cowboy Caviar Recipe
Cowboy Caviar is an American cuisine that is colorful, healthy, and perfect for a party or tailgate. Healthy options can be fun options too! Try this Cowboy Caviar recipe for your next party or event.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, white wine vinegar, chili powder, and salt with olive oil. Add tomatoes, black-eyed peas, beans, corn, red onion, and bell peppers. Combine these ingredients by stirring them together.
Then stir in cilantro. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight to blend flavors. Serve chilled or at room temperature with tortilla chips, bagel chips or just as a side salad.