Let’s Make Ginger Beef Salad
Here is a great way to use some of the asparagus hitting the Farmers Market right now. This recipe is always better with fresh local asparagus. It can be made either warm or chilled.
Ginger- Beef Salad
- ½ lb fresh asparagus cut into two inch pieces (about 2 cups) or more if you like.
- 1 (3 oz size) beef-flavored Ramen Noodles
- 1 lb of steak cut into strips (I use sirloin or round steak)
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ red, yellow or orange pepper cut into strips
- 2 Tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 4 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
* I sometimes add the flavor packet from the noodles – that’s my own spin. It’s good either way.
- In small bowl combine all the dressing ingredients and blend well. Set aside.
- Cook the steak strips with a small amount of oil until they are the desired doneness. Set aside. Meanwhile…
- In medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add asparagus and pepper and cook for three minutes. Remove asparagus and peppers with a slotted spoon – saving the water. Discard the flavor packet from the noodles – break the noodles into bite size pieces. I place them in a Ziploc bag and crunch them up – not too small. Add the noodles to the boiling water – cook 2 minutes.
- Mix the steak and asparagus and pepper mixture together and toss gently with the dressing. I like to eat this salad warm but you can also eat it chilled.
Disclosure – This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Detroit Mommies and allow us to keep reporting on all things families love.
This looks yummy. Colorful too!