Loaded Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Who doesn’t love sweet potatoes? They are so good for you and taste great too. I was recently asked to come up with a recipe using Heinz Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries. First I had to find the product so I headed off to Sam’s Club and sure enough, they carried them. They had a four-pound bag for just over seven dollars. Once I got back home, I started thinking about ways to cook with the fries. First, I thought about making a sweet potato salad, similar to regular potato salad only using apples, pecans, and a vanilla yogurt sauce. I decided to go with something else since I didn’t think the fries would be “chunky” enough – maybe a bit too soft.
So here’s the recipe that I came up with – I hope you like it. Be warned, this recipe is full of flavor and you’ll need to eat these fries with a knife and fork.
Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
- Heinz Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries
- 4-5 Slices of Bacon
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- ½ Cup Black Beans
- 1 Avocado – Diced
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Sour Cream
- Bake fries according to package – let them get a little crispy but don’t over-bake.
- In the meantime, fry the bacon slices, cool and them crumble.
- Warm up the black beans. ( I used the microwave for this).
- Once fries are done baking, I placed a serving of them on a microwavable plate and added cheese, black beans, and bacon. Microwave for 30 seconds just until the cheese melts.
- Add the avocado, jalapenos and sour cream.
- Serve and Enjoy!