30 Travel Essentials That Will Make Your Next Trip More Comfortable
Traveling can be fun, but once we realize we forgot to pack an essential, well, some disappointment can arise. And let’s be honest, when life gets hectic and we need to pack for a trip, it’s easy to forget something isn’t it?
To make sure you don’t miss the important stuff for your next trip, I’ve put together 30 items to pack to ensure travel is a little more comfortable for you.
30 Packing Essentials That Will Make Your Next Trip More Comfortable:
- Travel Detergent – It’s always a bummer when there is a food or drink accident, or you forget to pack enough clothes. Travel detergent is easy to pack and can quickly come to your rescue.
- Travel Blanket – The plane ride can get chilly, and the weather these days is unpredictable. A small throw blanket can quickly warm you up when you get chilly.
- Travel Pillow – Sometimes you just need a pillow on the plane, and if the hotel pillows are hard as a rock, your travel pillow can make your stay more comfortable.
- A Portable Hotspot – Wi-Fi these days is important. If you need to get work done or God forbid you to have an emergency, Wi-Fi could be very crucial, and a hotspot will ensure you have Wi-Fi.
- Sunscreen – Sunscreen is always needed, especially when the weather heats up when you least expect it.
- Eye Drops – Plane allergies, outdoor/indoor allergies, and late night flights can cause eyes to become dry, itchy, or red. Eye drops can help no matter what you’re eyes are reacting from.
- A Good Read – Refer to #27 if you’re not into a good paperback. When traveling, a good book, read, or magazine can help the time go by faster when dealing with delays. It can also help you relax and enjoy your trip more if you’re on vacation.
- Noise-Canceling Headphones – Whether on the plane or in a noisy hotel, noise-canceling headphones can make it all go away!
- Portable Clothing Steamer – Showing up in wrinkled clothing is a big no-no. A travel steamer can help get rid of wrinkles on any garment. Good for a business trip for sure!
- Hand Sanitizer – Say goodbye to germs with a good hand sanitizer. No one has time to get sick so be sure to keep hands clean.
- Protein Bars – Sometimes we don’t like the plane food or our flights are so back to back there’s no time to stop for a meal. Protein bars are perfect to throw in your bag should you get caught with no other options.
- Evian Facial Spray – Travel can take the life out of you! Evian Facial Spray can refresh skin and wake you up!
- A SwimSuit – You may need it, you may not. But, wouldn’t it be great to have just in case? The answer is yes, especially if your flight is canceled and you’re stuck on a beautiful island near the ocean.
- Tampons – Well ladies, I don’t have to explain this one do I? 😉 Aunt Flo can sometimes surprise us if we’re not paying attention to her schedule. It’s best to be prepared.
- Razors – A good shave, for both men and women, is necessary from time to time unless your Tom Hanks stranded on an island…
- A Foldable Bag (Extra Bag) – If you like to shop or if you just happened to see the perfect souvenir, the extra bag you packed can come in real handy instead of having to cram it into your already stuffed suitcase.
- Hair Ties and Bobby Pins – When traveling, you may want to put your hair up or back to keep it out of your eyes. Hair ties or bobby pins can come in real handy!
- Sunglasses – Sunglasses can help hide tired eyes, protect eyes from the sun or both.
- Cosmetic Bag Full of Medicines and Vitamins – Medicines can be expensive when traveling, and sometimes we don’t feel good when we travel. Having something packed like Ibuprofen or Vitamin C might come in handy if you’re feeling under the weather.
- Travel Chargers – These days there aren’t many pay phones on the corner streets. If you need to get a hold of someone or need to work on your laptop, travel chargers will keep you going!
- Travel Battery Packs – If you can’t charge your device, a travel battery pack will definitely come in handy!
- Crossbody Bag or Backpack – Once you reach your destination, you’re going to be sick of lugging around heavy bags and luggage. Use a crossbody bag or backpack
- Water Bottle – A water bottle can easily be refilled should you get caught in heavy travel or if you would like to exercise on your trip. Staying hydrated is very important when traveling.
- First Aid Supplies – You never know what can happen, so its best to be prepared in case you hurt yourself or someone else needs your assistance.
- Body Lotion – Flying and changes in weather can dry out your skin, causing it to be tight and itchy. Throw a travel size tube of lotion in your bag just in case.
- Hair Brush – We all use hair brushes but it’s that one thing that sometimes doesn’t make it into the luggage.
- iPad or Kindle – In reference to #7, if you like to read, bring one of these to keep up on your favorite books, news sites, or social media.
- Wet Wipes – If you have a messy lunch or can’t get to a bathroom to wash your hands, these will help keep hands and areas clean.
- Journal – A travel journal is soothing and relaxing. It’s also handy when you’re done traveling and need to remember the names of your favorite hot spots.
- Scarf – We can’t always carry a blanket with us, but a scarf can come in real handy if it gets chilly!