Boyne Mountain Resort Offers Winter Fun for Everyone!
If you’ve been reading our articles lately, then you know there’s lots of fun things to do in Michigan during the Winter months. There’s ice skating downtown Detroit, ice fishing on Lake St. Clair and tree lightings in every small town from Monroe to Traverse City. Here in Michigan, we have loads of fun things to do, even in the cold and we’re not afraid to get out and play! Another good idea during the Winter? Boyne Mountain Resort.
Located at 1 Boyne Mountain Rd in Boyne Falls, Michigan, Boyne Mountain has fun for everyone! Here’s the long list of “must dos” when visiting Boyne Mountain.
- Downhill Skiing – If you like to ski, Boyne is the place to be. Boyne Mountain has 415 skiable acres including 60 trails and 12 lifts. Not to mention a wide range of ski levels for every skier in your family
- Zipline Adventure – Get ready to zip at speeds of 20-25 mph on lines up to 50 feet in the air and 780 feet in length. The adventure begins at the top of the mountain, and routes you through trees and across the Boyne slopes! The full adventure tour is $66.
- Cross Country Skiing – Boyne offers more than 21 miles of cross country skiing allowing beautiful views and great exercise through woodsy trails in the wild.
- Groomer Rides – For just $50, you’ll have the opportunity to hop into a snow cat and chat it up with a groomer and see what it’s like to take care of the grounds.
- Ice Skating – The Boyne Mountain ice rink is a fun time for all ages! Located just behind the Clock Tower Lodge, the ice rink is right in the middle of the facilities and easy to get to, no to mention super fun.
- Horse Drawn Rides – On Friday and Saturday evenings, Boyne’s horse drawn sleigh rides depart every 30 minutes from the Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa. Cozy up and enjoy the ride with friends or family, it’s free!
- Tubing – Open daily 12pm-8pm, tubing at Boyne is such a joy! Guests can grab a tube, hook it on to the conveyor, take a ride up and then giggle all the way down! Prices: 1 hour – $20, 2 hours – $27 and all day pass – $40.
- Show Shoeing – Guests can enjoy a little over 2 miles of dedicated snowshoeing trails at Boyne. This is a great opportunity to enjoy nature and what Michigan truly has to offer.
- Avalanche Bay Indoor Water Park – Centrally located at Boyne Mountain Resort, Avalanche Bay is 88,000 sq. ft of wet and wild fun! Open all year ’round, there’s nothing like indoor water fun in the Winter!
There you have it, the long list a fun things to do at Boyne Mountain. Not feeling up to going out in the cold? We recommend a visit anyway and enjoy the views from inside while drinking a nice hot drink with your feet up. Relaxation is available too at Boyne.