Trains, Railways and Family Fun!
Are you a train lover? If yes, then you’re invited to celebrate the Michigan famous, Huckleberry Railroad and trains of all sizes and shapes on Saturday and Sunday August 4 and 5, 2018.
This special weekend is dedicated to you and your family and there’s lots of fun to be had! On the selected days, the railroad shop on property will be open for the weekend so you can see the tools and equipment used for repairing and maintaining their vintage train cars and engines. There will be model trains in full operation, train demonstrations and a special 90-minute photo run available to guests on the Huckleberry Railroad with several stops along the way so you can step off to take photos and videos.
What else does the weekend entail?
- Explore Hobo Village and get a free piece of coal from Engine # 464 while supplies last.
- Tour the historic homes and trades buildings that date back to the days when trains crisscrossed this country and were the primary source of long-distance transportation.
- Experience model train displays throughout the village
- Experience Hobo camp next to the Wisner Carriage Barn
- Enjoy railroad shop tours
This annual event is co-sponsored by the Mid-Michigan Railway Historical Society and highlights the valuable contributions that railroads have made in the expansion and development of the United States. The Village will be open from 10 am to 5 pm both days so come early and plan to spend the day outdoors! Feel free to bring a picnic or enjoy lunch and snacks at their casual dining options right in the Village.
Please purchase tickets in advance by clicking here.