Do you love to throw parties like I do? It’s funny, whenever there is a chance to throw a party, I’m all about it and love to host friends and families during special occasions. I’ve thrown so many I started sending friends and family members polls and quizes to get their feedback so I can try to outdo myself for the next one. Funny right? Well, I always believed a party is only successful if your attendees are well fed and happy. Two key ingredients to success in my book. I typically use a free quiz maker and take in all the feedback I can get.
Another key ingredient to happy guests is good food. The appetizers are the first impression of what is about to come. If the appetizers are good, your guests are sure to stay for the main meal and maybe a drink afterwards too!
For the last couple of years, all of our parties were family friendly and I always had to make sure the kid’s were happy and well fed too! Many kids need fun finger foods that they are familiar with and pizza is always a winning choice. Here’s an idea for your next party appetizer – Pizza Party Spirals. This appetizer is sure to have the kids smiling and are really easy to make. You can customize your spirals with any toppings you and your children like and they can be made ahead of time and kept frozen until party day. Below is a Pizza Party Spiral recipe written by a past contributor Kathy Noble. With the Holidays right around the corner, we’ll be doing more party and food posts likes this one so stay tuned!
Pizza Party Spirals
- One tube of refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- non-stick spray
1. Spray a medium size cookie sheet with non-stick spray
2. Spread pizza dough out with your hands until you have a nice rectangle
3. Using a spoon spread the pizza sauce on the dough (do not put to much sauce on and leave a 1/2 inch space around the outside edges – otherwise it will ooze out when you roll it up)
4. Add toppings of your choice – diced quite small. Do not “overload” the pizza with toppings.
5. Sprinkle with shredded cheese – sparingly. You can add more cheese to the tops of the spirals just before baking.
6. Gently roll up the pizza from the long side of the rectangle jelly-roll style
7. Leave the “pizza roll” on the cookie sheet, wrap with foil and pop in the freezer until it firms up.
8. Remove from freezer and slice (if it is completely frozen, let it warm up a bit before trying to cut it)
9. Place the pizza wheels on a baking sheet that has been coated with non-stick spray, or you can use parchment paper.
10. Sprinkle more cheese or toppings on the top before baking if you like
10. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. 10-12 minutes.
Best served warm from the oven. Is there a favorite appetizer you like to make for family friendly gatherings? Please share it with us in the comments below. We want to know what you love to make.
*Recipe and photos by Kathy Noble
*Disclosure – This is a sponsored post. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Detroit Mommies and allow us to keep reporting on all things Mommies love.