Pregnancy is scary enough when you’ve never experienced it before. The thought of squeezing a small human out of our tiny little lady parts seems unimaginable. Making sure you are eating the proper types of food to nourish you and your child is a no-brainer. Worrying about foodborne illnesses is yet another bother, but less worrisome if you follow a few tips from the Partnership for Food Safety Education.
- Refrigerate or freeze perishables, prepared foods and leftovers within two hours of purchase or use.
- Thaw and marinate food in the refrigerator, not on the counter.
- Separate large amounts of leftovers into small, shallow containers for quicker cooling in the refrigerator.
- Use or discard refrigerated leftovers within 3-4 days.
- Clean up spills in the refrigerator immediately, and regularly clean the inside walls and shelves with hot water and liquid soap.
To learn more about how you can protect your family and friends from foodborne illness, and to download a GO 40 °F OR BELOW brochure, visit www.fightbac.org.
Celebrate National Food Safety Education Month with #Go40orBelow @Fight_BAC.