This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
My favorite time of year, Fall, with crisp mornings, warm days and chilly evenings. Now that school has started, it’s fun to make something special for breakfast on the weekends. The perfect Saturday for me would look like this; get up early, lace up my running shoes and head out to one of the local parks for a nice long walk. When I get back to the house I would fire up the waffle iron and make these Fall- inspired delicious Spice Cake Waffles with M&M’s® Pecan Pie. The smell alone will rouse the sleepiest sleeper out of bed!
I stopped by Walmart to fill a prescription and pick up ingredients for this recipe. The key ingredients are M&M’s® Pecan Pie, Mott’s® Apple Sauce Original, Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Cake Mix, Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Icing and Snapple® Apple Single. You’ll need a few other ingredients to spice it up, but it’s a very easy recipe. I have to say, that if you’re not a morning person then make these waffles for dessert – they’re that good!
You can find a collection of great autumn recipes and a sweepstakes contest. You can also enter at the bottom of this post.
The recipe starts off with cake mix – but I substituted the applesauce for the oil and the Snapple® Apple Single for the water. I also added a few extra spices to the cake mix.
Moist Supreme® Cake Mix – Classic Yellow
1 Cup Snapple® Apple
½ Cup Mott’s® Apple Sauce Original
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground clove
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups M&M’s® Pecan Pie (divided)
1 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Icing
- Divide the M&M’s® Pecan Pie, reserving one cup for topping. Place the remaining cup in a plastic bag and crush. Once smashed, cut them smaller with a knife. These go in the batter.
- Put cake mix in a large mixing bowl and add a cup of Snapple® Apple, 1/2 Cup Mott’s® Apple Sauce Original, 3 eggs, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. DO NOT ADD THE WATER AND OIL called for the box. Mix until well blended.
- Gently fold in the crushed M&M’s® Pecan Pie.
- Oil your waffle maker and heat up.
- Place one cup of the batter in the waffle maker and cook until done (mine has a light that goes out when done – or you can tell when steam stops coming out around the edges).
- Gently remove the waffle from the waffle maker (I use a fork to loosen the waffle at the edges)
- For the topping, place 1/2 cup of the Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Icing in a small microwavable bowl and melt. Mine melted in 10 seconds or less.
- Drizzle the icing on the waffle and sprinkle with the remaining M&M’s® Pecan Pie.
This recipe should make about 8 waffles – depending on the size of your waffle maker.
Be sure to check out the great collection of yummy Fall-inspired recipes here . We would love to hear from you – leave us a comment telling us what your favorite Fall-inspired flavors are.