Delicious Mini Sugar Cookies
This cookie recipe is a sweet way to make Valentine’s Day special for some of your favorite friends! Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to let your friends know just how much you appreciate them. I decided to make a batch of these yummy cookies and surprise a few of my friends with them. Some of our friends were visiting the day we were baking them and they were eating them as fast as they came out of the oven. No worries – since the cookies are miniature you’ll get tons of them with this recipe.
I love sugar cookies, but rolling them out and cutting them with cookie cutters can really cut into my family time. You don’t have to worry about that with this yummy recipe – no rolling, no cutting and no frosting them! You can get a little creative with the recipe by using different colored sugars and sprinkles. The M&M’s® Red Velvet are the perfect addition to these cookies. They turned out so pretty.
- 1 cup butter – softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups flour (sometimes I have to add more if the dough is too sticky)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- M&M’s® Red Velvet
- Assorted sprinkles and sugars
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Add eggs and then milk slowly (mixture will not be really smooth).
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the butter/sugar mixture a little at a time about 3 batches. If the dough seems too sticky add a little more flour (sometimes I end up adding an additional ½ cup of flour).
- At this point the dough should be smooth with no lumps.
- Seal the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and use about a teaspoon of the dough to make small balls – do this by rolling them in your hand.
- Roll the top of the ball in your sugar or sprinkles.
- Place one M&M’s® Red Velvet in the center of each cookie and push it in to secure it.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper
- Bake at 350° for about 8 – 10 minutes – until the edges just start to brown
- Cool on a wire rack.
I was lucky enough to find the M&M’s® Red Velvet at Walmart along with DOVE® Promises chocolate hearts. You can find them in the seasonal aisle. See more great M&M’s® Red Velvet recipe and party ideas at myconfectioncorner.com/valentines-day.