Welcome to 2015! Another year has passed…boy does time fly by fast!
We are now only 5 years away from 2020…can you believe it!?
Here are 15 New Year resolutions that you should have started yesterday:
- Drink more water. Let’s make it easy for you…add the Water Your Body app to your iPhone or Android and keep track of your water intake. Easy peasy!
- Eat fewer calories. Another easy one. Add MyFitnessPal to your smart phone (iPhone or Android), fill out your profile and add a goal. Monitor what you put in your mouth and if you want to indulge, do it. Just eat fewer calories during another meal or get your sneakers on and burn a few extra calories, Like I said, “Easy!”
- Move it. I’m not telling you to schooch your butt over on the couch. I’m telling you to get up off that couch and exercise. Walk around the block before or after work. Park your car in the furthest parking spot in the lot. Make it a point to move a little extra and you will thank me.
- Take your vitamins. If you aren’t eating your vitamins through fresh fruit and vegetables, add a supplement to your daily routine.
- Take care of your teeth. Brush and floss at least 2 times a day (3 would be better). The gunk left behind, between the cracks of your teeth can wreck havoc on your health. Floss and stay healthy.
- Read, knit or meditate. Exercising your brain is just as important as exercising your body. Research has found that creative activities are great for reducing stress, depression and aging! Craft on!
- Make time for friends. Between work and family it’s hard to maintain friendships, but you’ve got to schedule that time.
- Make time for YOU! You need time for you. Whether it’s a nice hot bath, quite reading time, meditating, going for a walk or taking a nap. Make time for yourself to enjoy something for you.
- Let it go! Alright, I know this phrase has been way overdone (thanks Frozen), but it’s a good thing to keep top of mind when something gets in your way, messes things up, etc. Just let it go and move on.
- Choose your battles. This is something of which I constantly remind my friends, family and co-workers. Is the battle really worth the fight? If not, refer to #9.
- Pay off debt. When you pay off debt, you give yourself a raise! Focus on one credit card at a time. It takes time, dedication and determination, but is so worth it in the end!
- Call your parents. Life is short and as you saw, 2014 flew by. Call your parents before, God forbid, they aren’t around anymore.
- Live in the moment. This is a hard one to remember especially with all the day to day stresses and the worries we have as parents, but try to stop stressing and start enjoying every moment as it comes.
- Get your beauty sleep. Sleep is so important to functioning at your very best. Just trust me.
- Be grateful. Be grateful for the many blessings in your life. I set myself a grateful reminder and every day at about 7 a.m. my calendar reminds me to think about what I am grateful for. It’s a great way to start the day!
Have a happy 2015!