A New DROID Experience Arrives in 48 Hours
There’s a certain expectation when a smartphone carries the DROID name – strength, endurance, intelligence, and detail. The new XLTE-ready DROID Turbo by Motorola carries all these traits and will be available exclusively on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
The DROID Turbo by Motorola will be available online and in Verizon Wireless stores starting Oct. 30. The 32GB model will be available in Metallic Black, Metallic Red, and Black Ballistic Nylon for $199.99 with new two-year activation or $25 per month on Verizon Edge. The 64GB Black Ballistic Nylon model will also be available for $249.99 with new two-year activation or $27 per month on Verizon Edge.
And being a DROID Turbo customer has its perks.
· Get $100 or more when you trade in your old smartphone and purchase a DROID Turbo by Motorola with new two-year activation. Trade-in must be in good working condition.
· From launch until the end of this year, upgrade and activation fees are being waived for customers who purchase the DROID Turbo. Waived activation and upgrade fees will be credited to the customer’s bill, and may take up to two billing cycles to process.
· Verizon Edge pricing is also available for DROID Turbo – and from launch through the end of the year, Verizon has a special early upgrade to Edge for anyone who upgraded prior to July 1, 2014 and wants to purchase the smartphone
· DROID Turbo customers who experience a damaged screen during their 2 year contract can replace it once for free. Customers who purchase through Verizon Edge are also eligible.
· Upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop
Think about what you put your phone through on a daily basis – it’s in your pocket with loose change, tossed into a purse with keys, sat upon if it’s in your back pocket and the accidental splash when it’s just one of those days. The DROID Turbo is designed with all that in mind with its Ballistic Nylon or Metalized Glass Fiber reinforced with DuPont™ Kevlar® fiber, scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3, and water-repellent nanocoating protecting the inside and out against spills.
That “low battery” alert is something many of us dread, and it usually happens at the worst times. DROID Turbo has a battery that lasts up to 48 hours, so that means it’ll be a while before you see that low battery alert.
Eventually, the alert will appear, but it might be at a time when you don’t have the time to do a full charge of your phone. Only having a few minutes before heading out with friends, layovers in between flights, and many other countless scenarios – we’ve all been there.
The new DROID comes with a turbo charging feature so when you’re low on battery, a 15 minute charge can get you up to 8 hours of use. DROID Turbo comes with the Motorola turbo power charger in the box at no additional cost. And for added convenience, the new DROID is wireless charging capable.
A smartphone is exactly that, a smart phone. And DROID Turbo has smart features that make the most used features on the phone better. Moto Display wakes up the phone to show the time and notifications when you reach for the phone. You can also wave your hand over the screen to dismiss a phone call or silence an alarm. The Droid Zap app has also been enhanced with the Zap Zone feature that makes it easy to share pictures and videos with nearby friends you invite to your zone. Plus, Zap to TV uses Google Chromecast to create a slideshow on a big screen.
Smart features like these are best paired with a powerful processor. DROID Turbo has a 2.7GHz quad-core processor and has 3GB of RAM for multi-tasking and running your favorite apps very smoothly.
DROID Turbo has a 21-megapixel camera with 4K video capture and features a 5.2-inch Quad HD display meaning you will want to show off your photography to friends any chance you can whether it be in person or on social media. And when a picture moment happens you want to be fast enough not to miss it. Quick Capture feature lets you twist your wrist twice to launch the camera – no need to press any button or unlock any screens.