This was a LONG winter that I honestly thought would never end! Alas the sun has peeped out, the grass has turned from brown to green and the flower beds are full of beautiful colors. My favorite season has begun and it’s time to get out and enjoy the outdoors!
To be ready for the outdoors, you do need to be prepared. I make sure my cabinet is stocked with everything I need to get out and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air without suffering.
My must have outdoor essentials:
- I have really bad allergies, so I I prepare by taking these medicines on a daily basis:
- Allergy eye drops
- Prescription nose spray
- Sunscreen SPF 50+
- Bug repellent
- Running- OFF! Active®
- Hiking- OFF! Deep Woods®
- Gardening and Backyard fun- OFF!® Bug Control Backyard Pretreat
- If bites do occur- OFF!® Explore™ Mosquito Bite Relief Pen
- Light weight, breathable clothing
- Healthy snacks
To kick off the outdoor season, I have partnered with OFF!® According to a new national survey2 conducted on behalf of the OFF!® brand, nearly all Americans (97 percent) think it’s important to spend time outside, but almost three-quarters of Americans wish they could spend more time outdoors.
The survey found some surprising facts about just how far people are willing to go to get rid of mosquito bites:
- Half of America would rather clean a bathroom than deal with bug bites.
- One in five Americans would actually be willing to give up all technology for a week in order to heal bug bites, and nearly four out of 10 would rather complete their tax returns.
- Bugs, such as mosquitoes and ticks, were reported as being worse than allergies, distractions from electronics, and feeling out of shape when it comes to spoiling time outside.
With these sentiments in mind, this year the OFF!® brand is introducing OFF!® Explore™ to its portfolio. This new set of products offers portable, easily accessible repellent for outdoor enthusiasts such as the OFF!® Explore™ 3 oz. Aerosol that features a snap-on carabiner top allowing for easy accessibility by attaching to the outside of equipment and the OFF!® Explore™ Insect Repellent, which comes in a portable, leak-resistant case for on-the-go adventurers.
In addition to the new OFF!® Explore™ line, the OFF!® brand has a suite of products to help people spend more time outdoors this summer, such as OFF!® Clip-On™, a personal mosquito repellent that doesn’t have to be applied directly to skin – great for personal relaxation. For more exuberant exercise, use a repellent like OFF! Deep Woods® for long-lasting protection against mosquitoes, ticks and biting flies.
On July 7th I will be in Dearborn, MI attending the National Get Outdoors Day event at Greenfield Village and I’d like to invite you and your family to attend too !
A full schedule of activities is planned to celebrate this annual event, including:
- Environmental Programs
- William Ford Barn Open to the Public
- Hands-on Activities
- Outdoor Demonstrations
- Fun Outdoor-themed Giveaways
- Presentation by our Historic Horseback Forest Ranger
- Join an Afternoon Nature Hike
- Nature Hikes
- Free with Greenfield Village Admission
Make sure to stop by the OFF!® tent near the grounds entrance for outdoor-themed giveaways, fun facts, a photo booth and tips for protecting yourself against mosquitos and ticks during the buggy summer season.
All activities and events are free with membership or with Greenfield Village admission. To learn more about the Get Outdoors Day celebration at Greenfield Village, visit:https://www.thehenryford.org/events/nationalGetOutdoorsDay.aspx
WHEN: June 7th, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
WHERE: 20900 Oakwood Boulevard Dearborn, Michigan 48124
MEMBERS free of charge
NON-MEMBER SENIORS age 62 & up, $22
ADULTS age 13-61, $24
YOUTH age 5-12, $17.50
CHILDREN 4 & under are free.
Parking is $5 per vehicle.
ENTER TO WIN!
Disclosure: This post was written to help promote National Get Outdoors Day and my partnership with OFF! All opinions are my own and true.