Swimsuit season is upon us and if you are anything like me, you have procrastinated and it’s time to get your butt in gear. Making slight changes in your diet can do the trick to clean all of the icky toxins out of your body. A few of the things I’m listing below are habits I have already adopted and stay consistent with. A few are things I plan on starting.
- Drink 6 glasses of water a day. I started doing this about a month ago and saw an increase in energy and clarity. I’m spending a lot more time in the restroom, but the benefits outweigh inconvenience.
- Exercise. I’m not as consistent as I’d like to be due to my allergies hitting overdrive this spring, but I’m on some new meds that will hopefully help me kick my butt into gear. Exercising is a great way to sweat out toxins.
- Eat plenty of fiber rich, organically grown foods. We get all of our fruits and vegetables from the local farmer’s market. Veggies like broccoli, carrots, beets and collard greens. Fruits like apples, bananas, oranges and strawberries.
- Breathe deeply. Take a few deep breaths in and then deeply exhale.
- Sleep. Get in a good night of rest. Sleeping is when your body repairs itself, so rest is very important.
- Cut out processed foods. We’ve done a really good job of cutting way back on ingesting processed foods.