I found this recipe in All You magazine, made it for my family, and they LOVED it! The chicken was so tender and flaked apart without resistance! Then I made quesadillas with the leftovers and they were a hit as well!
- 24 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Put chicken in slow cooker. In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- 2. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and chicken broth. Stir into sauce in slow cooker, cover and cook until sauce is thickened and heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to cooker, stir, cover and continue cooking on low for 45 minutes. Serve chicken on whole-grain buns, over brown rice or with baked potatoes if you like.
This looks divine and perfect for busy families!