I’m a huge supporter of Detroit.
I’m always trying to help out the underdog and Detroit seems to be one of those places that people think negatively about and I have been on a mission, along with others, since I moved here a year ago from CA, to turn the negative persona that Detroit possesses to the rest of the world.
I started this blog because there were so many fun, family events going on in Metro Detroit and I wanted to gather as many as I could to share them online. I have gathered events, worked with local retailers and businesses to do giveaways and participated and organized charity events to help local Detroit.
The people of Metro Detroit are some of the most wonderful, passionate people I have ever met. They are full of determination, entrepreneurship and loyalty.
There are a group of four influencers that were chosen to represent Detroit in an interactive verses real world challenge… the 2010 Chevy SXSW Road Trip Challenge. They are traveling from Detroit to Austin, TX to attend SXSW, a social media conference and on the way they are competing against other states by completing challenges and earning points. In the end, the team with the most points wins!
Team Detroit HAS to win!
You can help! Here is what you can do to help Team Detroit win:
(1) Follow the team hashtag, #DETChevySXSW, and check out some of the things they are doing while on the road.
(2) Tweet and Retweet using their team hashtag LIKE MAD starting on Monday, March 8th. There are supporting agencies tracking the volume of tweets for each team hashtag. The higher the number, the better. Your participation is critical. They cannot win without us.
(3) Write a cool blog post about why Detroit deserves to win the challenge, tag it #DETChevySXSW and share it with your network.
What do you get out of this?
(1) They have tons of awesome sponsors that have given them cool stuff to give away on their trip. They have sweet t-shirts from Ann Arbor T-Shirt Company, Detroit Pistons tickets courtesy of Fist of Detroit, delicious Biggby Coffee, a wine tasting at Vintner’s Cellar and many other prizes. If you pay attention to their hashtag and follow their blog, you just might win something!
(2) If their team does their job and completes the challenges, and we support all their efforts with blog posts and tweets, they’ll get to throw an epic tweetup in Detroit. When I say this will be an epic event, I’m absolutely serious. Big. Deal. Tweetup.
Go Team Detroit!
.-= Jamie Favreau´s last blog ..Help a PR Pro out (#HAPPO): Candidate Detroit =-.