Our family loves Panera Bread and this new program is another great reason that we will be visiting one of our fave restaurants!
Panera Bread of Southeast Michigan, in partnership with United Way for Southeastern Michigan, is encouraging metro Detroit residents to volunteer with their joint program called “Impact Your Neighborhood.” The regional initiative aims to build healthier, stronger communities and runs through November 2010. Volunteers may register for various projects by visiting www.LiveUnitedSEM.org.
Participating Panera Bread project locations include bakery-cafes across metro Detroit. Prior to each project, the designated bakery-cafe will host a breakfast and informational session. Volunteers will also receive a complimentary T-Shirt and a Panera Bread catered lunch upon project completion.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Saturday, Feb. 20 at the Baldwin Center in Pontiac
- Saturday, March 6 at Starfish Family Services in Inkster
- Saturday, April 24 at Solid Ground in Roseville
- Saturday, May 8 at Lincoln Middle School in Warren
- Saturday, June 26 at Southwest Counseling Solutions in Detroit
- Saturday, Sept. 25 at Gleaners locations in Detroit, Pontiac, Warren and Taylor
- Saturday, Oct. 23 at LightHouse PATH in Pontiac
- Saturday, Nov. 13 at Vista Maria in Dearborn Heights
For more information about volunteer opportunities or to register for a project, visit www.LiveUnitedSEM.org, or call (313) 226-9200. Volunteers must register to participate in a project.