Unfortunatly people are losing their jobs every day and Rochester is no exception. I can be very stressful, especially when you have a family and you lose your health insurance. But, with a little creativity and some fact and information gathering, you can find health care for your family while you are between jobs.
- The Oakland County Health Division provides immunizations and you are only paying for the immunization, not the cost to administer the shot which cuts the cost tremendously.
- If you or your spouse is pregnant you can see if you are qualified to participate in WIC. A program that helps low-income pregnant or breastfeeding women, infants and children under 5 to insure healthy pregnancies and proper growth in children and infants.
- Meijer, the pharmacy, provides free prenatal vitamines and free antibiotics. For more info ge here.
- Tell your doctor that you lost your job and see if they can work out a payment plan.
- See if you qualify for COBRA. It lets you continue to buy your former employers health insurance for up to 18 months.
- If you have a family member that takes a daily medication, go to Rxassist.org and see if they qualify for free or low-cost assistance programs.