I can’t remember exactly where I first found the book Tickle Monster, but I think it was in a magazine.
I don’t review items that I don’t think I’ll like, so if I see something I think I might like, I email the owner of the product and let them know that I’m interested in their product and would love to put it to the test.
Well, this is how I came about reviewing Tickle Monster by Josie Bissett. I saw a picture of the book and thought the illustrations were darling and the tickle mitts that came with the book sounded like a lot of fun.
My assumptions were correct! The book has fun, vibrant, illustrations and the story is so much fun. It’s one of those stories you could read over and over and not get bored. The gloves are a lot of fun too because they go along with the story, so you can interact with your child while reading the story.
My daughters loved the story and were giggling the entire time on the edge of the couch waiting to be tickled by the large tickle monster hands I was wearing. I don’t recommend reading it right before bedtime, because my girls get all keyed up after hearing the story.
The author, Josie Bissett is best known for her role as the popular ‘Jane Mancini’ on FOX-TV’s “Melrose Place,” which ended its successful seven-year run in May of 1999. To date, she has graced over 40 magazine covers, including such publications as TV Guide, Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, Shape’s Fit Pregnancy and New Woman.
Josie resides in Seattle with her children, nine-year-old son Mason and six-year-old daughter Maya. She is currently working on her next children’s book. For more information, please visit www.JosieBissett.com.
How would you like your very own autographed copy of Tickle Monster and a pair of mitts??
Go to https://www.josiebissett.com/ and watch the video and then tell me what your favorite book is that you read your children.
To get extra entries:
1. Tweet on Twitter about this contest. Multiple tweets count! Leave a comment for every tweet to get entries.
2. Subscribe to Giftfully Simple in RSS or email. Current subscribers count.
3. Email friends about this contest. For every five people you email, you get one entry. This will be on the honor system, so be truthful 🙂
4. Stumble, Digg or Kirtsy this contest.
5. Tell me that if you are the winner, you will blog about the book. Don’t forget to leave your blog url and get three entries. Leave a separate comment for each three entries.
Contest ends May 18 @ 12 midnight EST. Winner will be chosen using random.org.