I love it when friends and/or family members give money for my child’s future college fund! It makes me feel good knowing that my child’s future is on their minds and since the cost to send a child to college continues to grow, any help comes warmly welcomed!
I came across this website called Smarty Pig in a parenting magazine and became extremely intrigued.
- It’s Safe, Secure and Free
- You create a goal (College Fund, New Kitchen, Plastic Surgery,New Car) and tell Smarty Pig when you want the money and how much you need.
- Smarty Pig calculates how much you’ll need to contribute monthly to reach your goal.
- You can make your account public so that friends and family can contribute to your goal or you can keep it private.
- Choose from 3 different options to receive your money once you have reached your goal.
I’m opening an account for my girls for their college funds and I’m also opening one up for myself. I really want to go to BlogHer ’09 and need to raise the funds in order to go. Smarty Pig even has a widget that you can place on your Facebook or Myspace page where the whole world can help contribute to your goal.