Here’s the special pre-sale code for the Disney On Ice presents Princesses & Heroes show coming Oct.16-19 to The Palace. Hot off the presses, this show now features our beloved characters from FROZEN!
There are so many wonderful Art Fairs and Shows coming up in the next few months. Here is a list of a few of our favorite ones. If you know of others that you would like to add to the list please let us know!
Ann Arbor Art Fair 2014 – Scheduled dates for 2014 are July 16th through July 19th. Wednesday through Friday the hours are 10:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m., on Saturday the hours are 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. TIP: Use one of the many shuttles in lieu of trying to find parking near the event. For complete information visit: http://www.artfair.org/
Arts Beats and Eats 2014 – this event is now held in Royal Oak on August 29th – September 1 2014. For details please visit: http://www.artsbeatseats.com/
Funky Ferndale Art Fair – September 12 through September 14th, http://www.michiganartshows.com/artshows/funky-ferndale
Art Prize – Grand Rapids Michigan. This year’s event will be held from September 24th through October 12th. This is not an art fair but rather an art competition where your vote counts. There is an amazing collection of creative art work from around the world. http://www.artprize.org/
Arts and Apples 2014 – held at the municipal park near downtown Rochester. The event this year will host 290 artists September 5, 6 and 7th. TIP: Bring a little extra cash for an apple pie. http://www.artandapples.com/
“I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Kohl’s. I received a promotional item to facilitate my review.
We have some great news for you! Disney Planes: Fire and Rescue is sure to be a hit movie this summer, and you can get some fabulous apparel exclusively at Kohl’s. The movie is being released on July 18th; however, you can get this fabulous Disney apparel by the Jumping Beans collection NOW (available in stores and online) at Kohl’s !
Some of the adorable items you and your family can pick from are pictured below! Plus, remember gift cards and coupons when shopping! I never leave home without those, when it comes to Kohl’s! I swear we shop there at least once a week or more. We just got home from Disney and the majority of clothing my husband, daughter, and myself wore was from Kohl’s!! Their clothing never disappoints and I personally love the Jumping Beans collection! These items are perfect for play dates, school, or lounging in the house! Most importantly, the clothing would be ideal for watching the movie in the day it opens!!
After being in Disney the past week – I have even become more excited for the movie. I intend on buying some of these items for my adorable nephew, who celebrates his birthday early next month! Maybe I will see some of you there Happy Shopping!!
If you are a parent, every summer you worry about summer brain drain. It’s a term people use to describe a loss of knowledge due to a lack of education. PBS has changed up their summer programing schedule to provide more of the key educational PBS KIDS programs kids love – more Wild Kratts, more Curious George, more Dinosaur Train, and more!
Throughout the summer, you’ll see multi-platform content, local partnerships and activities to help kids and parents learn and explore together and prevent learning loss all summer long. We’re collaborating with libraries, educators and others to offer educational resources and events for teachers, caregivers and families. To learn more about Detroit Public TV’s “Be Summer Smart” initiative, click here.
PBS Summer Program Schedule
Double episodes of Wild Kratts from 7-8am.
Curious George episodes air back-to-back from 8-9am.
Peg + Cat, Dinosaur Train, and Sesame Street will air from 9-11am
Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood—two episodes will air at 11am
A Dinosaur Train double- episode follows at noon, followed by single episodes of Super Why!, Thomas & Friends, Peg + Cat, and The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That from 1-3pm.
The weekday children’s schedule will conclude with two episodes of Curious George at 3pm, two episodes of Arthur at4pm, and Wild Kratts at 5pm.
For more details on the new schedule, visit http://bit.ly/1ggQCDu
Disney/ABC Television Group is today re-launching its industry-defining WATCH services for Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior with an intuitive, character-focused redesign and new features that include the launch of Disney Junior en Español, access to Radio Disney, the ability to play games on Android and Kindle Fire devices and premieres of some of each networks’ most anticipated programming.
The WATCH services make it possible for fans to watch popular shows anytime, anywhere via desktops, connected TVs, smartphones and tablets. Fans who verify with a participating TV provider can access live streams of their favorite network, as well as exclusive content. Beginning today, each network WATCH service now also features the following:
WATCH Disney Junior:
– Disney Junior is launching Disney Junior en Español, marking the first time the network has made an entire block of programming available in Spanish on mobile devices. Series include “Sofia the First,” “Doc McStuffins,” “Jake and the Never Land Pirates,” “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” and “Henry Hugglemonster,” as well as short-form series “Minnie’s Bow-Toons” and “The Doc Files.” Additionally, Android users can draw, paint and color pages from their favorite Disney Junior shows with Disney Junior Color! en Español.
– World premiere of a new “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” episode “Donald Jr.” available in English and Spanish.
– Launch of Radio Disney Junior, a six-hour block of programming hosted by Genevieve Goings (“Choo Choo Soul”) and featuring “The Best of Radio Disney Junior with Genevieve”; “Magical World of Disney Junior,” featuring music from popular Disney and Pixar movies; “Pirates & Princesses” themed songs; “Storybook Hour” where kids can hear one of their favorite Disney stories like “Brave,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Tangled” and “Monsters Inc.”; and “Get Up and Move,” a one-hour programming block dedicated to health and wellness.
– Android and Kindle Fire users have access to exclusive Disney Junior games and activities, including “Disney Junior Color,” which offers interactive coloring pages from popular series; “Disney Junior Puzzles,” featuring 90 puzzles, each with a magical Disney Junior video reward; and “Mickey’s Pet Playhouse,” which lets kids play along with Mickey Mouse to adopt, groom and play with virtual pets.
WATCH Disney Channel:
– The world premiere of the highly-anticipated comedy series “Girl Meets World” is available for viewers who have verified their account with a participating TV provider. “Girl Meets World” premieres June 27 on Disney Channel.
– Addition of music videos and recently launched short-form series “Dogs Rule…Cats Not So Much.”
– Live audio stream from Radio Disney.
– Five exclusive games, available only to Android and Kindle Fire users. “Jessie’s Run,” “Chew Toy Chase” and “Riley’s Message Mayhem” are quick time-based games that challenge players to beat the clock with their favorite characters from “Jessie,” “Dog With A Blog” and “Girl Meets World.” Authenticated users can also play “Sticker Stacker,” a game with over 70 levels, and “Slide Me Crazy,” a puzzle-based game featuring favorite Disney Channel characters in exciting, high-speed game challenges.
– On June 23, verified viewers will be able to watch the world premiere of the Disney Channel Original Movie “Zapped,” starring the multi-talented recording artist/actress Zendaya (“Dancing with the Stars,” “Shake It Up”). “Zapped” premieres June 27 on Disney Channel.
WATCH Disney XD:
– Exclusive premiere of summer episodes: “Phineas and Ferb Save Summer,” “Wander Over Yonder: The Nice Guy / The Timebomb” and “Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: Ride The Wild Pac-Topus.”
– Android and Kindle Fire users will also have access to three new Disney XD games exclusive to the WATCH experience: “Phineas and Ferb: Summer Soakers” takes the backyard water fight to a whole new dimension; “Prank-a-Tron 5000″ lets users create their own soundboards, prank noises and audio effects from the random, funny world of Disney XD; and “Ultimate Air” dares players to take the ultimate challenge and defeat Disney XD villains in this high-stakes arcade style game.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS PARENTS!
On Friday, June 20, Disney Junior will debut “Lucky Duck,” the first Disney Junior Original Movie, about a group of misfit tub toys in search of the kids who will love them just the way they are. Leading the voice cast are Broadway and television stars Christian Borle, Megan Hilty and Tom Cavanagh.
The story introduces an unflappable rubber ducky with a broken squeaker named Lucky (voiced by Borle) and two kindred spirits – an extroverted hippo with mis-matched eyes named Flo (voiced by Hilty) and a timid turtle named Snap (voiced by Cavanagh) – as the they find themselves stranded at sea when the cargo ship they are being transported on is caught in a storm.
Showcasing its musical theater cast, “Lucky Duck” features six original songs, including the ballad “I’m a Lucky Duck,” the up-tempo “Tub Toy Twist” and the heartfelt “Friends Will See You Through.”
Link to the trailer: http://www.disneyabcvideo.com/LuckyDuck_trailer.html
A live-action feature inspired by the classic fairy tale, “Cinderella” brings to life the timeless images from Disney’s 1950 animated masterpiece as fully-realized characters in a visually dazzling spectacle for a whole new generation.
The story of “Cinderella” follows the fortunes of young Ella (Lily James) whose merchant father remarries following the death of her mother. Eager to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother (Cate Blanchett) and her daughters Anastasia (Holliday Grainger) and Drisella (Sophie McShera) into the family home. But, when Ella’s father unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family.
Finally relegated to nothing more than a servant girl covered in ashes, and spitefully renamed Cinderella, Ella could easily begin to lose hope. Yet, despite the cruelty inflicted upon her, Ella is determined to honor her mother’s dying words and to “have courage and be kind.” She will not give in to despair nor despise those who mistreat her.
And then there is the dashing stranger she meets in the woods. Unaware that he is really a prince, not merely an apprentice at the Palace, Ella finally feels she has met a kindred soul. It appears her fortunes may be about to change when the Palace sends out an open invitation for all maidens to attend a ball, raising Ella’s hopes of once again encountering the charming Kit (Richard Madden).
Alas, her stepmother forbids her to attend and callously rips apart her dress. But, as in all good fairy tales, help is at hand, and a kindly beggar woman (Helena Bonham-Carter) steps forward and – armed with a pumpkin and a few mice – changes Cinderella’s life forever.
What a great way to bust the winter blues ……. The Shrine Circus!
The great tradition of the Detroit Shrine Circus continues! It’s unlike any show on earth. European circus meets a great American tradition that began in Detroit: The Moslem Shrine Circus. And it wouldn’t be a great circus without the Wallendas. The Shrine Circus comes to the Hazel Park Raceway from Thursday, March 27-Sunday, March 30, with three shows most days.
This year’s performance welcomes the Return of the Great Wallendas, Award Winning Nerger Tigers and Zerbini sword-balancing, juggling… and the Famous Shrine Clowns
Rick Wallenda, eldest grandson of Karl Wallenda, returns with “The World Famous Wallendas.” Wallenda will present a contemporary group of high wire walkers. As the patriarch of the Wallenda family, Wallenda leads this troupe, while introducing young talent into the family tradition.
New at this year’s Shrine circus is Jeurgen and Judit Nerger’s tigers. They have over 30 years of experience working with tigers and bears in Europe, honing their craft under the great animal trainers of Germany, Austria, Poland, and Face. They’ve appeared for many years in the German State Circus.
Robert and Gabriella Zerbini return to the Shrine Circus this year with a new act showcasing sword balancing and juggling. Gabriella, a native of Mexico, won the gold medal at the International Circus Competition in Mexico City for her trapeze artistry.
Also new this year is the Dragomir troupe, established in Bucharest, Romania. This high-flying teeterboard group of eight acrobats feature two gymnasts who are catapulted over five feet in the air. Their show also includes a perch pole act.
Erika Zerbini, a favorite of the Shrine Circus, returns with her Liberty Horse and Elephant act. Zerbini is known for her compassion for her animals, and her grace in leading them in performance.
Keeping it all together and on time is Richard Curtis, a favorite of Detroit audiences. A decorated veteran of the United States Marine Corps, who served in the Persian Gulf War, Curtis is one of the most sought-after ringmasters in North America. Not only is he host for the performance, he is also the performance director and prop boss.
In addition to the main attraction, the circus will feature rides on circus animals and a petting zoo.
Tickets start at $6. For show times and ticket information, visit https://www.detroitshrinecircustickets.com/Attractions.ashx
The Moslem Shrine Circus was the first circus sponsored by the Shrine organization, beginning in 1903 in Detroit. It has been a tradition since then, including some of the greatest circus performers in history, including the Great Wallendas, who performed the seven-member high wire pyramid, which collapsed during the 1962 Detroit circus.
I don’t know a single person who isn’t ready for spring this year! Snow, snow, go away bring us a nice warm day. There is a way to get a bit of a jump start on the season. You can visit one of the butterfly exhibits around the State – some are already in progress while a few are coming up.
Michigan Science Center in Detroit
Over at the MichiganScienceCenter you can walk among the live butterflies in the Wish Upon a Butterfly exhibit. The exhibit runs from January 11, 2014 through June 15, 2014. Who knows, they may even land on your finger. While you’re there you can catch The Flight of the Butterflies IMAX® movie. Cost of the event is as follows:
Only: $3/person + general admission
Exhibit + IMAX®: $5/person + general admission
For information please visit: http://www.mi-sci.org/exhibits-shows/traveling-exhibitions/
Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids
The annual Butterflies Are Blooming exhibition at Meijer Gardens is the largest temporary tropical butterfly exhibition in the nation. From March 1, 2014 through April 30, 2014 guests can experience tropical butterflies from around the world flying freely in the Tropical Conservatory. For complete information please visit: http://www.meijergardens.org/discover/
Michigan State University in East Lansing
Visit the “Butterflies in the Garden” exhibit from March 17, 2014 through April 30, 2014.
In the Indoor 4-H Children’s Garden! Visitors will be able to:
- Witness the flight of a Zebra Longwing,
- Find eggs hidden on host plants in the garden,
- Look at larva munching on leaves,
- And hopefully watch an adult emerges from its’ chrysalis!
For further information please visit: http://4hgarden.cowplex.com/Butterflies/
The Dow Gardens in Midland
Stop by the “Butterflies in Bloom” exhibit at the DownGardens in Midland.
The exhibit features thousands of brightly colored butterflies from around the world – they can be found flying around the tropical conservatory.
More information can be found here: http://www.dowgardens.org/#!butterflies-/cjgd
The Winter Olympic Games represent a time when nations come together to celebrate the world’s top athletes and witness amazing feats of speed, endurance and skill. In 2010, 190 million Americans watched the Vancouver Winter Olympics on their TVs and this year’s Games promise to bring even more excitement. Tonight I was able to enjoy the Opening Ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi! What was even more amazing, was that I could watch it with my adorable, curious 6 year old daughter who wanted to know where every country was on the map, who was that, why are they dressed like that, and so on! Very exciting to experience it with my family, but also with Xfinity!
One thing that is completely new and improved this time around is Comcast’s Xfinity. Together with NBCUniversal, Comcast’s Xfinity TV is bringing you more ways than ever to enjoy all the action. No matter how, when or where you watch your favorite sports, events or athletes, Xfinity TV will ensure you experience Every Minute. Every Medal. On Every Screen. Those of you who are already subscribing PLEASE read this important information to explain all the fabulous ways you can view the Olympics! My parents are subscribers, and I was able to view all the options that are now available! I found it very helpful, when heading to On Demand, there were specific, easy-to-follow instructions to guide you along your journey! I know it sounds silly, but my parents didn’t even have an idea of all that they had access to. So glad, I was here to help!
Those of you that are not subscribers, PLEASE read everything you would be able to see if you were. I was amazed, while I sat during Comcast’s informative presentation about a week ago. I think after you see all they have to offer, you will too! The best part, if you subscribe, TODAY, you would have access to everything described here almost instantly….
The feature that makes these Games truly unique for Xfinity subscribers is that, for the first time, Comcast will make the NBC Sports Live Extra app, with over 1,000 hours of live streaming coverage, accessible on the TV via our cloud-based X1 platform. This anytime, anywhere coverage of the Games, initially only accessible on tablets and mobile devices, will be made available on biggest screen in the house. In addition, they’ve updated their X1 Sports companion app for the Sochi Games for those who want additional information and control while watching Olympics coverage on the networks of NBCU, including the ability to tune to live and On Demand content and even the NBC Sports Live Extra app. These are both examples of how we can embrace a moment in history, like the Winter Games, when all eyes are on the television, to showcase the new and innovative entertainment experiences they’ve been developing and delivering to their customers.
They will be featuring Bob Costas again for Sochi with daily updates and highlights from the night’s biggest and best events. They will also, for the first time, be adding two special segments with the Today Show hosts, showing a different side of the Sochi Olympic Games. They have enhanced the sign-in experience by adding Facebook Connect. Now, both in-home automatic sign-in and Facebook Connect are standards for Xfinity customers.
- Instant On Demand: In select markets, they’ll make NBC’s primetime coverage available on Xfinity On Demand immediately after it starts, giving customers who may be getting home during the show the opportunity to catch all the action from the beginning.
- SEEiT: The Sochi Games will be the first SEEiT Olympics, offering Xfinity TV customers the ability to select viewing options directly from conversations about the Sochi Games on Twitter, including tuning to the primetime broadcast or setting it to record.
- Immediate Credentials: They are giving new Xfinity TV Digital Starter and above customers the opportunity to get credentials immediately so they can start viewing Olympics content online and on mobile devices before any equipment is installed and set-up in their home. Also, existing customers who upgrade to an eligible tier – usually Digital Starter or higher – will get immediate access to their new channels on live TV, online, on mobile devices and On Demand
- Also, in celebration of the Sochi Games, Xfinity they will open up free WiFi hotspots for all in high-traffic public locations, which will make connecting to NBC Sports Live Extra app even easier. NBC Sports Live Extra and NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra are home to all streaming content and will be available to verified Xfinity customers.
So when you look at our Olympics experience in totality – the On Demand choices, the cross-platform tools, X1, SEEiT and WiFI – they’ve built and delivered a comprehensive Olympics experience for their Xfinity customers unlike any other. Hopefully, no matter what you enjoy the Games!!!
To learn about the Xfinity Olympic viewing experience, visit comcastcorporation.com/sochi.