Suicide Prevention Awareness Night at Jimmy John’s Field
Visit Jimmy John’s Field for Suicide Prevention Awareness Night
Hosted by United Shore Professional Baseball League, Jimmy Johns’s Field is hosting a suicide prevention awareness night on August 23, 2019 beginning at 7:00 p.m. (gates open at 6:00 p.m.)
Suicide does not discriminate and is an issue we must all be aware of and help prevent. Here are warning signs we can look out for when it comes to loved ones, co-workers, friends or family members that may be hurting:
Suicide Warning Signs Provided by the Suicide Prevention Resource Center
Some behaviors may indicate that a person is at immediate risk for suicide.
The following three should prompt you to immediately call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or a mental health professional.
- Talking about wanting to die or to kill oneself.
- Looking for a way to kill oneself, such as searching online or obtaining a gun.
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live
Other behaviors may also indicate a serious risk—especially if the behavior is new; has increased; and/or seems related to a painful event, loss, or change.
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly.
- Sleeping too little or too much.
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated.
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
- Displaying extreme mood swings.
Support and community awareness events can help give those hurting in our community knowledge and support to help fight this terrible issue.
Stick around for postgame Fireworks Spectacular presented by Metro by T-Mobile. Kids run the bases after every game and the USPBL Dance Crew as well as JJ The Bat Dog also perform at every game.
*Arrive early and receive your free Unicorns signed poster. Jimmy John’s Field is located at 7171 Auburn Rd., Utica, Michigan. Click HERE for tickets.