Summertime Beach Essentials
We Can’t Wait to Go to the Beach!
Summer is right around the corner and a lot of folks will be heading somewhere warm or heading to a beautiful Great Lakes beach for a little fun in the sun.
If you’re a Mom then it probably up to you to pack the family’s essentials! We get it. Here is my list of vaca essentials for a great day at the beach. If you see something I’m missing, please leave me a comment and share what we missed!
- Flip flops, water shoes and/or sandals
- Beach towels
- Extra changes of clothes, underwear (someone always forgets theirs!)
- Plastic grocery bags (these are great for wet sandy bathing suits, garbage and if you’re lucky, seashells)
- Water, drinks, food
- Paper towels, plates, utensils, condiments
- Ice for the cooler
- Shade device like a large umbrella or a sun tent (if you are going for the entire day it’s good to have a way to get out of the sun. Kids get tired and want to nap and it’s dangerous to be in the sun too long).
- Blankets (your towels can be used for drying off)
- Beach toys (buckets, shovels, boogie boards, kites, Frisbees, etc.)
- Camera and/or video camera (beach pics are the BEST!)
- Life jackets for the kids
- Sun hats
- Swim shirts
That pretty much covers it. We still have a couple of months yet before its beach weather but I sure am ready for the warmer temps, aren’t you?
Written by – Courtney Rix Velasquez Lawless