Spanish Meets Irish for St. Patrick’s Day
Eat Good Spanish Food for St. Patrick’s Day
1. Combine tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau, and stir together.
2. Rim a rocks glass with salt (optional) by pressing the glass into a wet paper towel, then dipping it into a plate of salt.
3. Serve on the rocks.
Photo and recipe by Chow.
4 ripe Fresh California avocados, seeded and peeled
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tomato, finely chopped
¼ Cup finely chopped onion
¼ tsp ground cumin
3 drops hot pepper sauce
1. Using a fork, coarsely mash avocado with lemon juice and garlic.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients to blend.
3. Garnish as desired and serve with tortilla chips.
Photo and recipe by Avocado.org.
Super Simple Stunning Quesadillas
2 Chicken Breasts ( Boneless – sliced )
4 Flour Tortillas
1 Medium Red Onion
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
1/4 cup Water
1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
2 Cups Baby Spinach
Sprinkle Red Pepper Flakes
Shredded Cheese ( Cheddar, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees Oven
2. Preheat Frying Pan and add the olive oil
3. Once ready, add red onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes
4. Stirring often, cook mixture until onions become translucent – then add the mushrooms
5. Continue cooking until mushrooms release their liquid and begin to brown – then add the chicken
6. Once the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink – add taco seasoning and water and allow the sauce to thicken. Once thickened, then add the spinach and toss through
7. Ready to prepare the quesadilla, Lay parchment paper on cookie sheet and place one tortilla on top, Then spoon the mixture on top of the tortilla evenly
8. Now Sprinkle cheese over evenly ensuring that you have cheese on the edges to allow the tortillas to stick together.
9. Place other tortillas on top and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or so or until cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown. Take out of the oven and serve.
Photo and recipe from Zesty Cook.
Written by Courtney Rix Velasquez Lawless
*Please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.