Valentine Sugar Cookies
Let’s Bake Cookies for Your Valentine
- 6 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- To begin, mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl then set aside.
- Add butter, cream cheese, shortening and sugar in a different mixing bowl and cream together for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Next add eggs and sour cream then mix together completely.
- Add in baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and blend together.
- Chill dough for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough, cut in desired heart shapes with cookie cutter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes (depending on oven) or until edges are slightly brown.
- Let cool on cooling rack
- Decorate with pink, white and red frosting and Valentine sprinkles as desired. Get creative have fun and ENJOY!