Ten Ways to Incorporate Coconut Oil Into Your Everyday Beauty Routine
Coconut Oil is My Favorite Beauty Product
Coconut oil can be used 100 different ways and the uses can be categorized in 4 different categories: food uses, body and skin care, household uses, and natural medicine. It’s a favorite natural product of mine and there’s always a large supply of coconut oil in my kitchen pantry and in my bathroom closet next to all of my favorite beauty products. Being the beauty junkie that I am, I love using coconut oil in my daily beauty regimen and love the positive effects it has on my skin and the way it makes my body feel.
Here Are Ten Ways to Incorporate Coconut Oil Into Your Beauty Routine
- Wrinkle Reducer –To fight and prevent premature aging, dab just a touch around the eyes during your sleeping hours overnight. Combine a small amount with frankincense oil for extensive anti-aging benefits.
- Lock in Moisture After Showers –After your shower, pat your body dry with a clean towel then apply coconut oil liberally all over your body. Coconut oil will hydrate dry skin, and helps to soothe skin after shaving.
- Soothing Bath – Add ¼ cup Epsom salts and ¼ cup coconut oil to your running warm bath water. For added relaxation, add a few drops of lavender, peppermint, lemongrass or eucalyptus essential oils. The Epsom salts will relax muscles and draw out toxins while the coconut oil will soothe and moisturize skin.
- Makeup Remover – Rub coconut oil gently around eyes in a circular motion with a cotton square. Wipe off residue and makeup with a clean cotton square then cleanse eye area with a warm, wet cloth.
- Nail Cuticle Oil –Apply coconut oil on your cuticles on toes and fingers to keep skin soft and supple.
- Lip Balm– Many times store bought lip balms are packed with unhealthy ingredients. The healing properties of coconut oil helps to nourish the lips and is healthier to ingest unlike many commercial products. Try combining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with 2 tablespoons of beeswax, and 1 tablespoon of shea butter. Warm slowly in a non-stick pan until melted. Use to fill lip balm containers. Allow to set for 6 hours before using.
- Homemade Lip Gloss or Lipstick – Follow the lip balm steps above and add beetroot powder, cocoa powder, turmeric, and or cinnamon for color and flavor. Only a small amount is needed.
- Massage Oil– When warmed between hands or when applied on skin, coconut oil becomes a nice oil perfect for massages and moisturizing. Be sure to add a couple of drops of lavender oil, peppermint or lemongrass essential oil to help heal sore muscles, and stimulate the mind.
- Soothing Moisturizer for Cracked Heels – Dry, cracked heals are common but can be painful and unattractive. On a nightly basis, rub cracked feet and heels with coconut oil and place feet in socks before going to sleep. Let the oil penetrate the skin during your 6-8 hours of sleep.
- In-grown Hair Treatment and Preventer – Massage shaving areas (after shaving) with coconut oil to reduce and prevent bumps. The oil helps to soften skin so new hair can easily grow through the follicle properly. Plus the coconut oil will kill bacteria at the same time.
Great list right? Read more on my favorite beauty products and essentials.