Fall is officially here and so are some of our favorite fall flavors. I love pretty much everything pumpkin, except Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Pumpkin is one of my favorite ingredients to bake with, and I don’t reserve it just for the fall. It’s full of great things like fiber, can help you reduce your blood pressure and is supposed to help you sleep better. But with all of its great health benefits – the best part is it’s flavor!
There are so many ways to enjoy pumpkin, but one of the quickest is in muffins. This recipe is so easy to make, has a bit of chocolate added in and is dairy free (except for the chocolate chips of course), and is gluten-free. But don’t worry, if you don’t want to make them gluten-free just use all-purpose flour and you’ll quickly have two dozen muffins that your family will love!
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 3/4 cups White Rice Flour
- 1 1/4 cups Tapioca Starch
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line 2 muffin pans with liner paper.
- In your mixing bowl combine your oil, pumpkin, eggs and sugar. Mix on medium speed until smooth and well combined.
- Add in your White Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Salt. Mix until combined. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.