#ad Chicken Taco French Bread Pizza
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertisers. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayFavs #CollectiveBias
Our family loves watching all the football games this time of year. Whether it’s just our family or family and friends, snacks and appetizers are always required for the weekend big games and this Chicken Taco French Bread Pizza is a winner.
This recipe is quick, easy and full of flavor – the perfect snack to go along with watching your favorite game! The Mexican version of French bread pizza turned out great, but I can also envision a buffalo chicken version, or a barbecue chicken version. My recipe includes a trick to prevent the bread from getting soggy under all those wonderful toppings. You can serve this dish as an appetizer or a meal – it just depends on how big you cut the slices. I decided to add an avocado cream sauce drizzled on the top to give it extra flavor.
A great thing about this recipe is that it uses Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips®, which makes it quick to put together; plus, they are made from 100% all natural ingredients.
French Bread Pizza:
- Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips®
- One loaf of French or Italian Bread – unsliced
- 3 Tablespoons butter – melted
- One 16 ounce can re-fried beans
- One small can sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced jalapenos
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Two small roma tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup cilantro – torn into small pieces.
Avocado Cream Sauce:
- 1-2 Ripe Avocados
- ½ cup sour cream
- Juice from 2 limes
- Bake the Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips® per package instructions
- Cut the loaf of bread in half (the long way)
- Brush the melted butter on to the top of the bread. This keeps the bread from getting soggy – Bonus!
- Bake for 4-5 minutes at 400º or until it starts to brown
- Remove the bread from the oven and spread ½ can of the refried beans on each half of the loaf
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces and place on top of the bread
- Continue adding toppings (olives, jalapenos and cheese)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes – until cheese is melted
- Use a blender to mix the avocado, sour cream and lime juice until smooth
- Remove from oven and add the diced tomato and cilantro
- Drizzle with the avocado cream sauce
I purchased everything I needed for this recipe at Meijer, along with all my other weekly groceries, and clipped the following high value coupons on the mPerks website:
- 1/10/16 through 2/6/16 – Save $1.50 on any 2 Crispy Chicken Strips or Any’Tizers (excluding bone in-wings)
- 1/10/16 through 2/6/16 – Save $1.00 / 1 Ball Park Flame Grilled Patties
You can earn points with every purchase of Tyson® Any’tizers and Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips® at PlayOff Play-Offs Visit: www.tysonplayoffs.com to enter.
What’s your family’s favorite game day recipe?