Disclosure: I have received free product from Nintendo. All thoughts and opinions are my own. My experience may differ from your own. #NintendoPartner
We are always looking for fun things to do as a family, and my son is always looking for fun things to do when his friends come over. I’m also always trying to pick out the perfect holiday gift. With the weather turning colder and the holidays right around the corner, the Wii U Video Game Console and new Super Mario Maker video game would be great for a holiday gift and great for game night fun!
We were starting from scratch with the Wii U, having never owned one before – but my son easily set it up in one evening (I helped on the parental control piece). He was pumped to get playing with Super Mario Maker game. He has played Mario games on his DS for a while and with the Wii U at friends houses before, but none of them have the new Super Mario Maker game yet. I was also informed that the 30th Anniversary Super Mario Bros. amiibo that we received was rare – that added to the excitement!
Once the set-up was complete, he asked a few friends to come over later in the week to check it out.
The Super Mario Game allows your kid to become very creative because there are so many different ways to set it up and play. You get to become The Master Creator! The boys had a great time moving different objects into the course – each one doing it in their own unique way. There are so many different ways to play that you never have to play it the same way twice.
The next day, one of his friends that couldn’t make it the day before stopped by to play. He was so smitten with it a few days later he cashed in his birthday money and leaf-raking money to buy the same deluxe Wii U set and the Super Mario Maker game!
I’ve god to admit I have not yet learned how to play the games but my husband and I have been promised our own personal tutoring session.
The list of things that I liked about the Wii U Console and Super Mario Maker are:
- It encourages creativity.
- The fact that there are so many different ways to play make it a perfect boredom buster.
- The animation and clarity is outstanding.
- The game can be played on the hand-held console – or on the TV screen.
- There are Parental Controls.
- Its perfect for having friends over or for enjoying family game night.
- It makes gift giving easy – you can purchase the deluxe Wii U set with games pre-installed.
- The set-up was easy.
- Great Price Point – Games run about $60 and the Wii U Deluxe Video Game Console runs about $300.
- Play a near-limitless number of Mario levels created by Nintendo and players around the world.
The list of things that my son and his friends liked were:
- They just “flat-out” loved the game.
- They loved the animation.
- They loved the “level” based feature of the game.
- They loved the endless ways to play the game.
- They became Creators – with bragging rights.
- They could create their own Mario levels by using the Wii U GamePad controller to add enemies, blocks, pipes and many other items.
- They could tap a 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo figure to the Wii U GamePad controller to add a Big Mushroom power-up to your course.
You can connect with Nintendo for more information in the following ways: