REVIEW & GIVEAWAY For Adventure Park in West Bloomfield
Our cousins from Germany came to visit us for 3 weeks during the summer. We needed something entertaining, unique, and different for them to do as a family with us. Our ages range from 7 to 50. After searching around I found something none of us had ever seen or done before….ZIP LINING at Adventure Park in West Bloomfield.
Adventure Park features 5+ acres of 10 fun-filled ropes courses and zip lines high in the trees!
- Fun in the great outdoors — There’s nothing like a day at The Adventure Park at West Bloomfield! Located in the trees adjacent to the JCC you will find our amazing “aerial forest park.” This is THE Michigan Adventure Park to experience “adventure in the trees” on your own or with friends, family and parties. Ages five to adult.
- Look up — You’ll see a series of platforms in the trees connected by cable, wood, rope and zip lines to form bridges. Each bridge presents a different challenge of how to get to the next platform. A series of bridges form “aerial trails” throughout the forest.
- Relax — You don’t have to be a circus acrobat or Tarzan! Choose from ten different color-coded trails, from “beginner” (easier and lower to the ground) to intermediate, to advanced (the most challenging).
- Climb with Confidence — You will receive a complete safety orientation before your climb. Our double-connected, “always-locked-on” climbing system helps keep your climbing harness securely attached to the safety line at all times. The trails are intentionally designed for your self-discovery, making lessons unnecessary. Our Park Guides are available to assist throughout your visit.
Each and everyone of us had an amazing, memorable time! My daughter, who is 7 surprised us! As I was listening to the orientation, I was nervous, thinking she would never understand these concepts. I was completely wrong! She understood and basically was free to go off on her own, NO we did not let her! However, she felt great about herself because she was able to do it on her own! There are some important things I think you should be aware of before planning an outing with your family or friends.
- I would strongly suggest adults being prepared to be patient with their children. The kids will catch on, but sometimes they forget or get confused. I can tell you, we did call staff 1 time, and they were VERY helpful and patient with our daughter. I greatly appreciated that.
- Make reservations!
- Wear clothing & shoes that is comfortable and appropriate for the weather. Capri/work out pants are strongly suggested for ladies & children. The harnesses are wrapped securely around you & you don’t want to be uncomfortable.
- Do not bring bags or cameras if you are participating. There is no way to carry it all and climb/zip. I was lucky enough that AT&T provided me with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to use to capture these fabulous moments. The phone not only snapped the pictures, but filmed the videos too. It was thin enough to be hidden while climbing and zipping, but strong enough to not fail me to show off these moments! I am so thankful to AT&T for allowing me to utilize their reliable technology!
Facts about Adventure Park:
- Outdoor fun in nature’s beauty
- For kids, teens and adults—ages five and up
- Great for group events
- Challenge at your pace and level
- Environmentally friendly – No motors, No electricity
- Builds self-confidence
- “Feel-good exercise”
- Surprise yourself at what you can do
- Tree-friendly—Designed to keep trees and forest healthy
- Family/friends togetherness
- Many trails keep it fresh for return visits
Now, for the awesome news! Detroit Mommy Bloggers is giving away 4 FREE tickets to try out Adventure Park – which is up to $176 value to one lucky winner.
To Enter: Please leave a comment below describing something you did well, that you thought you couldn’t do at all! The giveaway starts today Thursday, August 14, 2014 and will end Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 9pm est.
Winner will be contacting by email!!
THE WINNER HAS BEEN CHOSEN FROM RANDOM.ORG!
Out of 19 total entries, lucky #13 was chosen!
John who said, ” Biggest fear was jumping off high platform. Took a while to get the courage, but eventually conquered the fear.”
CONGRATS and PLEASE remember to tell us all about your adventures in the trees!
Disclosure: I received tickets to Adventure Park as an incentive to share this with Detroit Mommies readers.