5 Tech Tips for Cold Weather
(1) USE TXT MSGING: During an emergency situation, text messages go through quicker than voice calls because they require less system resources.
(2) Program Emergency Numbers: Make sure all your emergency numbers, including family members, the hospital, police and fire station, are in your phone.
(3) Limit non-emergency calls: Keeping calls to a minimum will conserve battery power and free up wireless networks for emergencies
(4) Charge Your Wireless Devices: Make sure all of your devices are charged before the storm arrives. Car chargers can be especially helpful to ensure you have back up power.
(5) Become an Amateur Storm Tracker: Use weather apps, like AccuWeather, The Weather Channel or Weatherbug to track the storm
information source: AT&T Michigan