Easy Enchilada Recipe
1 pound ground beef
1 can Rotel Diced Tomatoes (whatever flavor you like, I use mild)
8-10 Flour Tortillas
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar (divided)
1 can of enchilada sauce (medium size)
Optional for Toppings: Sour Cream and Chopped Green Onions
- Brown the ground beef and drain the fat off.
- Add the can of Rotel and let the beef and Rotel simmer until the juice is gone.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray
- Begin by placing one of the tortillas in the pan and putting the beef/rotel mixture on the tortilla – not quite in the center. Don’t over-fill, use about 3 tablespoons of the filling mixture
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the filling mixture and roll up the tortilla
- Place the seam side down in the pan
- Repeat until the filling is gone and hopefully your pan is full
- Pour the enchilada sauce of the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top
- Bake at 350º for approximately 30 minutes – until bubbly and golden.
- Top with sour cream and chopped green onions