Handy Apps for Black Friday and Cyber Monday Shopping
There are only 11 days left to prepare for Black Friday, sigh. Christmas is creeping closer. Have no fear, we’ve got you covered with all of the latest and greatest apps to help make your bargain hunting as easy as that pumpkin pie you may or may not have eaten the last piece of. These FREE apps are available for Apple & Android devices. Some app ideas provided by Verizon.
Things to think about in preparation for scoring those deals:
1. When do the stores open? This will help with strategic planning of your shopping route.
2. Which store has the best deal on each item on your shopping list? Make that list and check it twice (more like five times if you’re me).
3. Where in the world did we park the car? It will be busy and in the heat of the moment you. will. forget.
4. Where is the bathroom? If you are bringing a child this will be a necessity, but even big girls have to go after a Venti White Mocha or two.
TGI Black Friday: The free app allows you to search thousands of Black Friday deals for every major retail store. You can create a personal shopping list and use your iPhone to shop smarter and faster on Black Friday.
• View Black Friday ads for all major retail stores, with frequent updates.
• Download PDF Black Friday Ad Scans
• Search thousands of Black Friday deals across stores and categories.
• Create a personal shopping list to check off items as you purchase them on Black Friday.
• Compare prices for items to confirm you are getting the best deal on Black Friday.
• Shop online for items that may be available before Black Friday.
• Instant push notifications when new ads are leaked
SitOrSquat: Restroom Finder: Need to go, on the go? SitOrSquat by Charmin can help you find public restrooms near you or where you’re planning to travel. The SitOrSquat by Charmin app lets you access and record bathroom information wherever you go. All of our restroom content is added by YOU, our loyal users. We currently have over 100,000 bathrooms and we need your help in growing that database.
Find my Car: Selected by the Wall Street Journal as one of the Top Ten Apps That Will Change Your Life, this app uses location services to help shoppers locate their vehicles in crowded mall parking lots.
Discount and tax calculator: Shoppers can use this app to estimate ahead of time how much items will cost and how much will be saved during a sale. Know what those numbers should be before you get to the register and you won’t risk coming back for a price adjustment because something didn’t ring up correctly. It is inevitable when you are dealing with a one day sale.
Shop Savvy: Using their smart-phone camera, shoppers can use this app to scan prices and search for the best in-store and online deals. This is great any time of year, just to make sure there isn’t an amazing deal just across the street.
Cyber Monday, for those of you who would rather skip the crowds, sleep in on Friday, and enjoy great deals with the convenience of shopping online. This lovely app is everything you could ask for to become an online deal hunting champion.
TGI Cyber Monday: Cyber Monday (November 26th, 2012) is quickly becoming one of the busiest and biggest shopping days of the year. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to save the most money this holiday season. Be sure to use this app to browse all of this year’s top Cyber Monday deals from over 50 of the top retailers in the world, including Amazon, Walmart, Target, Kohl’s, Best Buy, and many more. Deals, specials, and offers will constantly be updated in order to make sure you save the most on all of the items on your shopping list. User-Friendly Features include:
• View over 5,000 of the top Cyber Monday deals, sales, and offers from over 50 of the top retailers days before Cyber Monday in order for you to plan your shopping accordingly
• Easy to use share functionality including sharing the deals on Facebook, Twitter, Email, and Text
• Easily browse specific categories and retailers in order to find exactly what you are looking for
• Ability to “Shop Now” in order to take advantage of these specials and sales directly on your device
• Regular updates of deals and offers throughout the year that can be considered as good as Cyber Monday deals
• Ability to create a personal shopping list and save it on the app, email it to yourself or others. Your shopping list will be saved so when you return to the app to continue your shopping, the deals you have liked already will be saved
Written by Erica Mueller