Cheddar and Sun Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken
This recipe had long been forgotten in my recipe file…until today! I used to make it all the time, but it has been years since we have enjoyed it. I recently came across the little piece of paper that it was scrawled on and made it for dinner last night – it was soooo good!
I have had this recipe for quite some time and have no idea where it came from – probably a magazine from the 1990’s.
4 Medium Boneless Chicken Breasts
¼ cup Chopped Sun Dried Tomato (you can also use a Roma Tomato)
2 Tablespoons all purpose Flour
¼ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Pepper
½ cup dried bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
6 ounces of Sharp Cheddar – cut into chunks
1 Tablespoon dried or fresh Tarragon
2 Tablespoons of melted Butter
1. Using three large bowls or plates make the following combinations – for the coating and set aside:
Bowl #1-Mix the flour, salt and pepper
Bowl #2 -Slightly beaten egg
Bowl #3-Mix the bread crumbs and parmesan
2. Place the chicken breasts (one at a time) in a large plastic freezer bag and pound until nice and flat.
3. Lay each chicken breast flat on a plate and place several chunks of the cheddar cheese, some tarragon and sun dried tomatoes down the center.
4. Roll each breast up – jelly roll style.
5. Cover with the flour mixture (bowl #1) by dredging the chicken breast in the mixture. Make sure to hold the seam together so it doesn’t all come apart.
6. Then roll the chicken breast in the beaten egg (bowl #2), again make sure to hold the seam together.
7. Lastly roll in the bread crumbs (bowl #3)
8. Place the chicken in a baking pan and drizzle with the melted butter
9. Bake at 350 degree’s for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.