Mafalda’s Chocolate Bundt Cake
I was introduced to this cake last winter while visiting friends of ours in Florida. My husband loved it so much the lady of the house made it twice during our short visit! I have made it at least 5 times since then. Mostly for special occasions (I try to limit the sweet stuff). It’s really easy to put together and gets compliments on a regular basis. Make sure you use the mini-chocolate chips and don’t over bake it.
One box of Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
2 boxes of instant pudding – chocolate fudge flavor
1½ cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
One 12 oz package of Mini-Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Spray your bundt pan with non-stick spray
3. Mix the cake and pudding mix together with a whisk to get rid of lumps
4. Add the eggs, water, oil and vanilla – mix well with hand-mixer for a few minutes.
5. Fold in the Mini-Chocolate Chips so they are well distributed.
6. Pour into pan
7. Bake for one hour – sometimes it takes an extra 5 minutes, but be careful not to over bake or it gets dry.
To me the cake doesn’t need frosting – it is yummy just the way it is. It is really good if you warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds to get the chocolate chips a little melty.