Ditch the Missing Mitten – My Ten Simplifiers for 2012
The New Year is almost here so naturally everyone starts thinking about making resolutions. Instead of doing that this year I came up with a list of ten things I could do to make my life simpler and less cluttered. They are easy to do and I’m hoping with little effort I can make an improvement.
- Schedule all appointments for the next the 6 months within the first week of January.
- Unsubscribe to all the junk emails I receive on a daily basis – most I don’t even open. This is easily done by scrolling to the bottom of one of the emails and clicking “unsubscribe”.
- Writing down all passwords and keeping them in a brightly colored folder some place out of sight.
- Clearing out the medicine cabinet of all “severely” expired medicine and re-stocking the ones you use most.
- Ditto for the refrigerator, I usually do this every New Years Day – clean out the old stuff you haven’t used and give it a good cleaning.
- Sort through your keys and get rid of the ones you no longer use.
- Donate or get rid of all the things around the house including small appliances that no longer work.
- Clean out my make-up bag and keep only the things I use. I think I’ll buy a new one that’s see-through so I can tell where things are!
- Purge all socks or mittens that have lost their mate.
- Clear my recipe folder of all the recipes I have torn out of magazines over the years and have not tried yet. It is over-flowing.
Leave us a comment if you have any suggestions for making life simpler and more “clutter free”.