Ink Blot Art – stretching your creativity
Here is another fun and easy craft that you can do with your child. I like it because it forces you to look at things from different angle and to be creative. Extra bonus – you probably already have all the necessary supplies around the house.
Here’s what you need:
White drawing paper
Paint – any kind will do
Pencils, markers or crayons
- Put down some newspaper on the table so you won’t make too big of a mess.
- Then lay your sheet of white drawing paper down flat.
- Dip your brush into a color of paint that you like.
- Splatter the paint onto the paper, trying to concentrate it towards the middle. Don’t use too much paint or it will turn out like a blob.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 a few times with different colors.
- Then carefully fold the paper in half.
- Open and let the paint dry
Once the paint has dried you need to look at the results, turn the paper in different directions to see what you see in the pattern. If you don’t see anything, take a break and come back later. Once you come up with an idea use a pencil to lightly pencil in your design. When you are happy with how it looks take a marker or crayon and trace over the pencil lines.
We had a lot of fun with this craft, we saw a lot of bugs in the one we did before visualizing a warrior with a fancy head-dress.