A Year in Review
2010 was a great year for Detroit Mommies! We did a ton of reviews and giveaways, but most importantly we participated in some wonderful charitable events!
It was a year of growth for Detroit Mommies as well. We now have a total of seven awesome Detroit Mommies writers and plan on adding more to the mix for 2011!
- Detroit Mommies writer Jen Manriquez made the news showing mom invented products to the viewers on Fox News in Grand Rapids and Courtney did an Easter segment and a Mother’s Day segment on Fox Detroit!
- Stacy Swann got to see Major David Bing give a key to the city to Elmo.
- There were some celebrity sightings as well! Matt Giraud and Paul Simon to name a few.
- We fought child hunger in 2010 and we plan on continuing the battle into 2011. Detroit Mommies is passionate about children and will fight till the end for them!
- We were interviewed by WDIV about a huge sling recall.
- We visited the Children’s Hospital of Michigan twice. Once to donate Hershey’s goodies to the nurses and to donate toys to the sick children and their families for Christmas. We helped raise $5000 for the Children’s Miracle Network and we Bagged It Forward for Elmer’s.
- We visited Ford and GM to check out the latest in car safety.
- Rebecca reviewed all the hot smart phones! She reviewed the Motorola Devour, the HTC Incredible, the Kin and many more!
- We made sure you were aware of the recalls that affected you and your children.
- We attended Blog World Expo, BlogHer, 140 Conference and Gleek Retreat.
- We visited the set of Desperate Housewives and met David Arquette and Allison Sweeney!
2010 was an amazing year for the Detroit Mommies! Here’s to an amazing 2011!