Child Hunger Ends Here Campaign
Conagra Foods has teamed up with Feeding America with an awesome campaign called Child Hunger Ends Here. 14 bloggers, including me, were chosen to be a part of this wonderful campaign to do our part in raising awareness that 1 in every 4 children don’t know where there next meal is coming from. That’s 17 million kids across the country who struggle with hunger. This isn’t just happening in poverty stricken neighborhoods, it is happening in all neighborhoods and could be happening right next door.
What are we doing about it?
14 bloggers were chosen for the Child Hunger Ends Here campaign to hold neighborhood rally’s to raise money to support Feeding America and at the same time educate you, our readers, that you too can hold a neighborhood rally to help a cause that, as a parent, holds dear to our hearts.
Detroit Mommies will be at the Village of Rochester Hills on April 11, 2010 between 12 noon and 3pm selling popcorn at the Recycle 411 event going on that day. All the money we raise will go to Feeding America in our efforts to end childhood hunger that is going on all over the United States and in our local neighborhoods.
What can YOU do about it?
There are a few things that you can do to participate in this campaign and do your part in helping to make sure a child doesn’t go without another meal.
In your community:
- Hold a neighborhood rally! Have a bake sale, get your neighbors together and hold a rummage sale and donate some or all of the proceeds to Feeding America or have a block party. It can be as big or as small as you’d like. Once you register your rally, you’ll be sent a toolkit with a banner, customizable posters, pins and a “how to” guide to make your event a success.
- Purchase these brands (Manwich, Healthy Choice, Peter Pan, Chef Boyardee, Orville Redenbacher, and Marie Callender) from now through May and Conagra Foods will donate $1 to Feeding America to help end child hunger…up to 2.5 million meals in 2010. Get a coupon for $1.50 off (here).
- Make a direct donation to Feeding America (here).
- Visit www.childhungerendshere.com for information.
- Share information about the issue through Facebook and Twitter.
There will also be a kick off party on Wisteria Lane with Dana Delany in LA that I will be attending in April, so stay tuned for photos about my adventure on the set of Desperate Housewives!
Other Bloggers involved in the Child Hunger Ends Here campaign:
- Niri from Mommy Niri
- Christie from ChristieCrowder.Com
- Melinda from Look What Mom Found
- Tamara from The Unexperienced Mom
- Andrea D. from Mommy Snacks
- Andrea F. from Savvy, Sassy Moms
- Laura from My DFW Mommy
- Kelly from The Centsible Life
- Jenny from The Suburban Jungle
- Molly from The Snyder 5
- Judy from Dirt Road Musings
- Jessica from It’s my Life…
- Danielle from Extraordinary Mommy
Disclosure: I was chosen to be the blogger correspondent for Detroit and will be compensated for my travel and expenses to LA and other expenses that will I am expected to incur. I feel very strongly about making this campaign a success and all the opinions expressed in this post are mine and mine alone and are not influenced in any way by anyone.